Aquallure Retinol 2.5% Hydrating Serum Review
Rated: 9.75 out of 10
Whether you have a beauty routine that you want to give a new boost, or you are just beginning a brand new voyage into the universe of anti-aging products, this serum is a smart one to try, as it has lots of benefits to offer. With a wide range of effective hydrating ingredients, this Retinol-based hydrating serum fights wrinkles like nothing else we've ever seen, and also adds an incredible amount of moisture to skin.
How can one serum really tackle so much and still manage to hydrate skin all at once? This innovative Retinol 2.5% Hydrating Serum by Aquallure has been regarded across the internet as a "skin saviour". This is largely thanks to its natural ingredients and vitamin base.
With the power of namesake ingredient, Retinol (which has gained massive popularity in the beauty industry as a natural derivative Vitamin A), this serum can increase collagen production. This, in turn, decreases the appearance of fine lines. Another effect of this serum is a rise the cell turnover. This means that skin is encouraged to heal faster, so it becomes a fresher, smoother, more even version of itself. Yet even with all of the power in this serum, it is still gentle enough for inclusion in your everyday routine, or even twice daily, for quicker results.
Aquallure's Retinol Hydrating Serum doesn't simply offer anti-aging benefits, but completely hydrates skin too. The combo of these important effects put together in one serum is what makes it truly extraordinary. It is clear that this serum consists of a thoughtfully chosen array of ingredients which culminate to create one of the best serums available.
Aquallure Retinol 2.5% Hydrating Serum Key IngredientsThis serum has some of the vitamins which human bodies can naturally produce themselves, albeit in very small amounts. However, the vitamins that are created by our bodies are used to maintain our current state, and are not infinite. By supplying a little additional in a topical formula, we can enjoy even larger benefits to these ingredients. With this serum, we can give our skin a boost and help win the battle against signs of aging once and for all. Retinol and its variety of formations have been a beauty industry staple for decades now, but putting it together with Hyaluronic Acid - one of the newest and most effective hydrators ever - creates something far better than the sum of its parts. Most Vitamin-A derivatives can be critiqued since their power can sometimes irritate sensitive skin. With the intense hydrating power of Hyaluronic Acid, the power of Retinol is tamed a little bit, and won't interact harshly with even sensitive skin. Instead, skin is left plump, moist, and supple. These two make for an excellent pairing, and that is just the base of this serum. Aquallure Retinol 2.5% Hydrating Serum features a large concentration of its number one ingredient, but this is also complemented by useful additions that make Aquallure's serum something more than just any other anti-ager. These ingredients unite the best natural properties in just the right proportions to bring together a one-of-a-kind serum. Each ingredient brings its own set of benefits, but when combined together in such a fantastic base serum, they elevate each other and become a hope for aging skin.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe) - Aloe Vera is one of the best healing agents available, and also a skin softener. This aloe plant is a species of succulent which derives from the evergreen. They are native to tropical areas, but thanks to modern agricultural advancements, they can be grown anywhere. Their health benefits begin with superior water retention. This is the primary reason that Aloe Vera can not just survive, but thrive in even the driest climates. This water-holding ability allows it to hydrate skin better than anything else. It is the hydrating and healing properties of this plant which make it so instrumental in skin care.
- Retinol - Retinol is the new "It" ingredient on the skin-care market in recent decades. It is derived from vitamin A and is a natural antioxidant. When it touches the skin, Retinol breaks down into retinoic acid, which fights free radicals, encourages collagen production, and creates rapid skin cell growth. It's all-natural, which only adds to its popularity, and has been under study since the 70s. Continual study shows more and more benefits with regular use.
- Hyaluronic Acid (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide) - This substance is found in our skin naturally, but can be manufactured or harvested for topical skin care. The primary function of Hyaluronic Acid in our skin is to hold water, primarily because this incredible humectant can hold up to sixty times its molecular weight in water, making it one of the single best moisturizers on the planet. It is technically an 'ultra moisturizer', and helps to keep all of the water we already have in our skin from evaporating as readily. When included alongside ingredients like Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid ensures that the skin will not dry and instead retain its moisture and a large additional amount, to keep skin plump and youthful.
- Jojoba Oil (Organic Simmondsia Chinensis) - This natural oil comes from the Simmondsia chinensis shrub, which is native to the southwestern areas of America. Because of the low melting point, jojoba oil is liquid at skin temperature, and can lend a velvety smooth texture to any product containing it. The oil can be harvested and produced organically and responsibly. As an extra bonus, Jojoba oil has a remarkably long shelf life, eliminating the need for artificial preservatives in this product.
- Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate) - This Vitamin is an antioxidant, which helps fight free radicals that damage skin cells and cause most major signs of aging. It increases the body's own natural ability to fight the signs of aging as well. And since it is oil-soluble, this vitamin will penetrate deeply along with the other ingredients. Vitamin E that is taken orally does not affect the skin in the same way, however, so it is important that any Vitamin E application is topical, rather than a supplement.
- Green Tea (Organic Camellia Sinensis) - You might recognize this ingredient by the more commonly used name, Green Tea. Yes, the exact same as the kind you can order at Starbucks. Green tea is an incredibly versatile herb, with beneficial properties with almost any application. When applied topically, Green Tea and its oil extract possess tons of free radical-fighting polyphenols and powerful antioxidants. This keeps skin smooth and stops breakouts before they start. Yet, it's organic and gentle despite all of its sizable power.
Full Ingredients ListAqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe), Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide (botanical hyaluronic acid), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Pentylene Glycol, Phospholipids, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ Oil), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea), Wildcrafted Resina Propoli (Propolis), Ethyl Hexyl Glycerin.
Aquallure Retinol 2.5% Hydrating Serum Benefits
- Contains several different vitamins and organic ingredients
- Effective at decreasing the visibility of the common signs of aging
- Plumps up delicate facial skin
- Restores a natural youthful glow
- Provides hydration and suppleness to dry skin
- No artificial preservatives or dangerous parabens
How to Use & Where to Buy Retinol 2.5% Hydrating Serum
Be certain to cleanse your face thoroughly before every use in order to remove any dirt, debris, or excess oils from the surface of the skin. Once cleansed, gently massage a pearl-sized amount of Aquallure Vitamin C Plus Serum into the face and neck area for restored radiance and a healthy glow. This serum can be used morning and night for increased efficacy and speed, but is recommended to be used no more than twice daily.
It can be purchased online here.
The Bottom Line: Does Retinol 2.5% Hydrating Serum Work?
This serum by Aquallure is one of the best we've seen in years. The ingredients are few but powerful, yet still natural, organic, and gentle. The sometimes slightly harsh wrinkle-fighting ingredients are offset by powerful moisturizers, enriched vitamins, and additional amino acids, so the skin is left hydrated and refreshed, rather than cracked or dry. It's effective, affordable, and natural. Definitely worth a look in our book!
This serum is an excellent selection for gentle yet reliable anti-aging effects. The high quality of the ingredients and of the end product is as excellent as we have come to expect from Aquallure. At the same time, they manage to keep the product affordable. If Retinol or another derivative of Vitamin A has been too rough on your skin previously, you may want to reconsider and give it one more try with this serum. The supple hydration from Hyaluronic Acid and Jojoba Oil does an unparalleled job at counteracting the at times brutal strength of Retinoids.
We would definitely advise using this retinol serum by Aquallure as part of your skincare routine. Learn more.