Aquallure Vitamin C Plus Serum Review
Rated: 9.75 out of 10
Aquallure is a trusted brand that consistently delivers high-quality products, but they have gone above and beyond with this new line of beauty serums, particularly this Vitamin-enhanced wrinkle-reducer. Aquallure Vitamin C Plus Serum is made using a proprietary blend of Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid, and Vitamin E to create divine, luxurious, supple skin. This Vitamin C blend accounts for an entire twenty percent of the serum itself, making it exceptionally potent, meaning a little will go a long way. But there is a lot more to this serum than meets the eye on the surface.
If you need some help fighting the lines forming across your face, this serum would be an excellent place to start. It has a short but remarkable ingredient list, with no artificial, unnecessary add-ins just to create bulk. This serum comes in a one-ounce container, but every drop is packed with enough power to drastically alter the appearance of even the toughest wrinkles, while still being gentle enough not to irritate your skin.
This gentle touch is thanks in large part to two things: first, a commitment to natural, wholesome ingredients. The safest, most gentle way to treat our skin is with the goodness that comes directly from Earth, including naturally sourced ingredients like Barbadensis Aloe Leaf and Organic Simmondsia Chinensis. By using organic, Aquallure ensures that no pesticides or other potentially harmful chemicals were used to grow the plants they purchased their derivatives from. It can be more costly, but it is far better for our skin and environment.
The second factor that contributes to the gentleness of this serum is the amount of hydration it brings along with those anti-agers, and the plethora of humescents and hydrating ingredients alongside the wrinkle-fighters. We'll get into each ingredient's role in a moment, but it is important to note that hydrated, moist skin moves and stretches far easier than dry, cracked skin. By including additional moisturizers in this serum, Aquallure ensures that even with strong, powerful ingredients, your skin will be left soft and smooth.
When we see wrinkles on the skin, what we are actually visually seeing are the shadows they create. By plumping up those dehydrated cells, the skin refills and shadow disappears, thus eliminating the appearance of wrinkles. This is one of the reasons why hydrated skin is so vital to a youthful look; plump skin cells are smooth and cast no shadows.
Aquallure Vitamin C Plus Serum Key Ingredients
Vitamin C is the title ingredient in this serum, but it is certainly not the only impressive addition. When by itself, Vitamin C does offer all-natural beauty-boosting power; yet when it is paired with the other ingredients in this serum, that's when the real fight starts. The combo of ingredients doesn't only reduce the signs of aging, but seeps deep into pores to nourish and provide skin with the tools to reverse damage that's already been done. This is all accomplished while the amino acids included set to creating brand new skin cells to rebuild the skin surface. It's a carefully cultivated, thoughtful combination of excellent ingredients.
- Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf) - Natural Aloe from Barbadensis leaf is one of the world's best healing agents and a skin savior. The plant itself, commonly called 'Aloe Vera', is a widely available variety of succulent that is distantly related to evergreens. Barbadensis Aloe plants are prone to tropical areas, but they can be cultivated anywhere, as they are notoriously hardy plants. Aloe Vera can survive in such extreme climates because it can hold so much water. This same property allows it to hydrate skin like nothing else. The super-hydrating and healing abilities of this pokey plant makes it absolutely essential to skin care.
- Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate) - This is the namesake ingredient in this serum, and takes up twenty percent of the entire formula, according to the packaging. That makes this an incredibly potent signifies the salt version of ascorbic acid, which is then broken down or dissolved in order to attain a liquid form. Most often, this pure, solid form is dissolved to become part of a solution, like in this case. Vitamin C is an antioxidant and we all know how important it is for fighting colds, but wrinkles? Turns out, Vitamin C is effective at brightening dull complexions and evening skin tone through just topical application.
- Botanical Hyaluronic Acid (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide) - The name on the label reads "Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide", however you may be more familiar with the more common nickname. This popular humectant is one of the best moisturizers out there, as it can hold multiple times its size in water molecules. All of the water it carries makes an excellent base in which to dissolve other ingredients, such as the solid form of Vitamin C. In this way, Hyaluronic Acid performs double duty as not only a moisturizer, but as a unifier for the entire product.
- Vitamin E (d-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate) - More than most others, Vitamin E has been researched tirelessly to uncover the hidden potential within it. Scientists have discovered eight different forms, depending on whether it was synthetically or naturally derived from the original source, like vegetable oil or wheat germ. Any form with the prefix "d-Alpha" means that is has been derived all-naturally. Natural forms have been clinically shown to be more effective than the synthetic counterparts, though both do have antioxidant power.
- Jojoba Oil (Organic Simmondsia Chinensis) - This natural oil comes from the Simmondsia chinensis shrub, which is native to the southwestern areas of America. Because of the low melting point, jojoba oil is liquid at skin temperature, and can lend a velvety smooth texture to any product containing it. The oil can be harvested and produced organically and responsibly. As an extra bonus, Jojoba oil has a remarkably long shelf life, eliminating the need for artificial preservatives in this product.
- Amino Acid Complex - Amino Acids are the literal building blocks of human bodies, at the cellular level. Our skin cells are made of amino acids, so by including them in this serum, Aquallure Vitamin C Plus Serum enables our skin to recreate itself. By providing those extra amino acids, our skin is able to rebuild damaged skin cells, replumping with the moisture from any additional ingredients and leaving skin truly healing rather than just hiding.
Full Ingredients List
Deionized Water, Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide (botanical hyaluronic acid), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), d-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Carbomer, (2s)-2-Amino-5-guanidinopentanoic Acid, Ferulic Acid, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Phenoxyethanol, Ethyl Hexyl Glycerin.
Aquallure Vitamin C Plus Serum Benefits
- Made with natural & organic ingredients
- Contains high-level wrinkle-smoothing power
- Feels smooth and silky, and leaves skin moisturized and feeling soft
- Affordable cost for the average person
- Only a small amount of product is necessary for full effects
- Lightweight and non-greasy
With one serum, Aquallure delivers deep moisturization and irons out stubborn wrinkles.
How to Use & Where to Buy Aquallure Vitamin C Plus Serum
As always with applying any serum or skincare product,, be certain to cleanse your face thoroughly before every use in order to remove any dirt, debris, or excess oils from the surface of the skin. This is important, so no impurities get trapped and risk becoming blemishes. This is often one of the most vital steps in the process of caring for your skin.
Once cleansed, gently massage a pearl-sized amount of Aquallure Vitamin C Plus Serum into the face and neck area for restored radiance and a healthy glow. You can also apply this serum to your decollette if you choose. This serum can be used morning and night for increased efficacy and speed, but is recommended to be used no more than twice daily. Learn more.
The Bottom Line: Does Aquallure Vitamin C Plus Serum Work?
This serum by Aquallure is undoubtedly one of the best we've seen in recent years. The ingredients are few but powerful, yet still natural, organic, and gentle. The sometimes abrasive wrinkle-fighting ingredients are offset by powerful moisturizers, enriched vitamins, and additional amino acids, so the skin is left hydrated and refreshed, rather than cracked or dry. It's effective, affordable, and natural. Definitely worth a look in our book!
We would recommend using Aquallure as part of a complete skincare routine, including some sort of SPF, which you should be wearing everyday anyway, right?